Bus driver to stand trial for alleged sex assault of Elizabeth Township boy
By The Valley Independent
Published: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, March 19, 2013
A bus driver from the Baldwin-Whitehall school district will head to trial on charges he sexually assaulted a 15-year old Elizabeth Township boy.
William H. Scherz Sr., 73, of Brentwood, saw the following charges held for court Monday in front of Magisterial District Judge Beth S. Mills: corruption of minors, two counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, statutory sexual assault, unlawful contact with a minor, indecent assault of a person less than 16 years of age, criminal use of a communication facility and indecent exposure.
His formal arraignment is scheduled for 1 p.m. May 9 at the Allegheny County Courthouse.
Scherz was arrested in January after police said he met the 15-year-old through a telephone dating service and then assaulted him in the boy's home.
According to a criminal complaint, the boy told Scherz he was 18-years-old and the two agreed to meet, but when Scherz arrived at the boy's home in Elizabeth Township Jan. 22, the boy acknowledged he is age 15.
Scherz tried to kiss the boy, who pushed Scherz away, police said. Scherz then sexually assaulted the boy, police said.
Scherz remains free after posting $10,000 bond in January. As of Feb. 27, he was on voluntary unpaid leave from the school district.
Scherz was not on duty when the alleged assault occurred.
- Hope rises for expressway, beltway
- Police: Liquor store crook strikes again
- Hega back home where he belongs
- Monongahela, Finleyville Memorial Day events set
- Belle Vernon’s Carol Aten Frow finalist for state Teacher of the Year honor
- Donora physician, wife were victims of disaster
- Six Democrats seek party nods for Donora council
- Old Monessen city hall to get a new design plan
- Fallowfield forum details effects of Affordable Care Act
- North Belle Vernon fills council seat, shuffles posts
- Monessen council, school board at odds over tax bills
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.