Bus driver to stand trial for alleged sex assault of Elizabeth Township boy
A bus driver from the Baldwin-Whitehall school district will head to trial on charges he sexually assaulted a 15-year old Elizabeth Township boy.
William H. Scherz Sr., 73, of Brentwood, saw the following charges held for court Monday in front of Magisterial District Judge Beth S. Mills: corruption of minors, two counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, statutory sexual assault, unlawful contact with a minor, indecent assault of a person less than 16 years of age, criminal use of a communication facility and indecent exposure.
His formal arraignment is scheduled for 1 p.m. May 9 at the Allegheny County Courthouse.
Scherz was arrested in January after police said he met the 15-year-old through a telephone dating service and then assaulted him in the boy's home.
According to a criminal complaint, the boy told Scherz he was 18-years-old and the two agreed to meet, but when Scherz arrived at the boy's home in Elizabeth Township Jan. 22, the boy acknowledged he is age 15.
Scherz tried to kiss the boy, who pushed Scherz away, police said. Scherz then sexually assaulted the boy, police said.
Scherz remains free after posting $10,000 bond in January. As of Feb. 27, he was on voluntary unpaid leave from the school district.
Scherz was not on duty when the alleged assault occurred.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- New Charleroi cameras helping cops catch criminals in the act
- Donora woman picked up on drug charges
- N. Belle Vernon hires police officers
- Many laboring over Yesteryear memories as holiday approaches
- Belle Vernon man who allegedly offered drugs to young girls jailed
- Rostraver man sent to jail, faces new drug charges
- Hikers, bikers benefit from Belle Vernon senior’s Eagle Scout project
- North Charleroi retiree spent almost 4 decades in medical profession
- Belle Vernon Area chief paints rosy picture of district
- California cop hurt in fight with suspect