Two arrested on drug charges in Charleroi
A Monessen man is in jail after being accused of making a hand-to-hand illegal drug transaction early Tuesday morning in Charleroi.
According to Charleroi Regional Police, Zachary Lawson, 27, of 1017 Knox Ave., met an unidentified female at 908 Prospect Ave. in Charleroi and gave her a baggie of suspected crack cocaine in exchange for $20.
Detective Eric Porter said police then conducted “a knock and announce” at the door and heard running throughout the house.
Barbara Davis, who resides at the house, opened the door and gave police consent to enter the house where officers found six stamp bags of suspected heroin wrapped in a toilet tank after they observed the lid was lying on the floor, according to Porter.
Porter said a measuring glass containing a white rock substance was found in the bathroom vanity and that both were still hot to the touch, which is consistent to powder cocaine being freshly cooked into rock-cocaine form.
Police then located two plastic baggies of suspected marijuana and suspected powder cocaine on the kitchen table.
Baking soda, spoons, knives, two digital scales and baggies were found in the kitchen as well, Porter said.
Lawson had $333 in his possession and while Steven Burrow, 21, of 565 Read St., Clairton, was also present in the residence and was found hiding in the bathroom with $202 on his person.
Both Lawson and Burrow were charged with two felony counts of manufacture, deliver or possession with intent to deliver and single misdemeanor counts of possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Both were arraigned 4 a.m. before Magisterial District Judge Larry Hopkins and sent to the Washington County Correctional Facility in lieu of $50,000 bond.
Their preliminary hearings are scheduled for 9:30 a.m. April 10.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ringgold senior headed to U.S. Naval Academy
- Scottdale costume shop not just for Halloween, Christmas
- Sutersville denied grant to fix boat ramp
- Rostraver man faces trial in child sex case
- Rostraver police investigating alleged sexual misconduct between Ringgold HS employee, student
- Charleroi Area, Clarion wrestler killed in Armstrong accident
- Scottdale-filmed ‘Gore Orphanage’ wins online contest
- Charleroi man accused of improper sexual contact with teen
- Scottdale-filmed ‘Gore Orphanage’ lands on most-anticipated horror film list
- Charleroi Area board remembers Gavazzi