22nd annual home show opens in Rostraver
When the annual home show debuts this weekend, it will have a new expanded name.
The 22nd annual Mon Valley Home Show Remodeling and Décor Event will be held Friday through Sunday at the Rostraver Ice Garden, located on Route 51.
The show is sponsored by The Valley Independent, Co-Gos, Eat N Park and the Greater Rostraver Chamber of Commerce.
The expanded name is a reflection of how the event has grown in focus.
“The name was changed because we are getting more diverse,” event organizer Leo Rach said. “We've become more than just contractors. We're attracting more businesses that want to do more in the home.”
Originated by the Mon Valley Home Builders Association, Rach took the show over in 2002 and kept it growing.
This is the 11th year that the Ice Garden has hosted the show after a stint at the former Montgomery Wards building in Charleroi.
Also new this year is a stage area where some vendors will demonstrate their products. Among the demonstrators are Pampered Chef, Baker's Waterproofing, It Works Global, and BeeGraphix.
“The weather is changing,” organizer Lynn Grimes noted. “Now is the time to get out in your garden or begin those home remodeling and repairs.”
Rach noted the improved home market, adding that the home show will feature everything aspect of the home, even lenders. Even those businesses that sell products for the home pet are represented.
Among the “Great Giveaways,” including the businesses involved are:
• BVDS – Genie garage door opener, and an insulated garage door
• Lowes – Kobalt Tool Chest with Kobalt Tools
• It Works Global – Box of wraps
• Jefferson Hills Renovations – $300 off any home improvement project
• Bargain Corner – “Home owners” tool box complete with a set of tools
• Howard Hanna – $100 gas card
• Pampered Chef – “Free Cooking Shows”; ‘pamper' hostess w/free products
• Trinity Garage Doors – up to $100 in free gas with an awning or garage door purchase
• Legacy Remodeling – enter to win ‘free' annual $10,000 home makeover, no purchase necessary
• Cialone Auto Care booth – two full air induction services from BG Products; a power steering service, and a $50 gift certificate for any service at Cialone Garage
• Dipaola Heating and Air Conditioning – $150 value: Free service agreement heating and air conditioning
• Renewal by Andersen – $10,000 window and door giveaway
• CSC Insurance – iPad
• Ricciuti Construction – free crown molding, valued at $400; material and labor for a 12 by 12 foot room
• Highway Appliance – $100 Highway gift card
• Farmers Insurance – $100 home security gift basket
• Mirabella – $25 restaurant gift card – drawing from leads appointments collected for their new Bright Covers Patio Systems; $25 off per window on our Clear Choice Premium Window Package with Low E and Argon
• Pine Cove Beach Club and RV Resort – Register to win one of three guest passes to Pine Cove Beach Club and RV Resort
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Donora handbag dispute sparks fight
- Fayette man charged in child sex case
- Alleged Donora Towers burglar jailed
- History abounds at site of Maple Creek Distributing
- Bentleyville man accused in stabbing
- Retired Monessen mail carrier, veteran, 97, still loves to travel the world
- Cops: Charleroi man found dead in Carroll bathroom
- Alleged Mon Valley heroin trafficker arrested
- No quorum in Rostraver
- Namath performed in contest at, not against, Monessen
- Brownsville native draws from life experience in series of books