MVH gala scheduled for May 18
Employees, physicians and friends of Monongahela Valley Hospital will celebrate one of the organization's most nostalgic and anticipated traditions - the annual gala, on May 18.
The theme for the 25th gala is “An Evening to Remember.”
The black-tie fundraiser benefits MVH, one of only a few dozen independent, non-profit community hospitals in western Pennsylvania, and its parent company - Mon-Vale Health Resources.
The event, which attracts nearly 600 guests each year, will be held in the Allegheny Grand Ballroom of the Westin Convention Center and Hotel in Pittsburgh.
Gala 25 is open to the public and tickets cost $175 per person. Tables of 10 are also available.
A reception with cocktails and hors d'oeuvres will begin at 6 p.m., followed by dinner at 7 p.m.
KDKA-TV news anchor Jennifer Antkowiak will serve as emcee for the evening.
Attendees will also enjoy one of Pittsburgh's finest variety bands, Finesse, a 14-piece “Superband” that has opened for Earth, Wind & Fire, Chicago and David Sanborn.
Dimensions in Performance Awards will be presented to four recipients to recognize outstanding dedication to MVH, the entire health care system and the community.
The awards honor the multi-dimensional talents of special friends, benefactors and members of the heath care family who have distinguished themselves in the areas of philanthropy, board leadership, medicine, and civic well-being.
The awards and this year's awardees are:
• Rose Award for Dimensions in Philanthropy — First Federal Savings Bank, represented by its president and CEO, Patrick G. O'Brien of Amity. This award recognizes members of the community for their benevolence and dedication to the enhancement of quality health care.
• The Sickman-Levin Award for Dimensions in Medicine — Dr. Nirmal D. Kotwal of Pittsburgh, director of pathology at MVH. This award honors outstanding physicians who contribute to health care in the mid Mon Valley.
• Pallone Award for Dimensions in Board Leadership — Jeff M. Kotula of Washington, secretary of both MVH's board of trustees and the MVHR board of directors. This award recognizes excellence in service to the MVH and MVHR boards.
• Gibbons Award for Dimensions in Community Service — Carl Crawley Jr. of New Eagle, an accomplished local sports figure and coach who has committed his life to helping non-profit organizations from churches and the Boy Scouts to the United Way. This award honors those who are dedicated to the health, social and civic needs of area residents and help to improve the quality of life.
For tickets or for more information, contact the Office of Fund Development at 724-258-1657.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Dedicated California educator Hasbrouck dead at 62
- Fallowfield plans meeting to reveal results of studies
- Couple puts faith in new Sutersville antiques store
- Artists paint the town in anticipation of annual Monessen exhibit
- Rostraver man sent to jail, faces new drug charges
- Monessen library presenting war stories
- Runners get set for Charleroi’s Little Great Race
- Valley men accused of burglary in Charleroi
- Distance runners generated interest in Charleroi race long ago
- Minerd named AD at California Area High School