Correction to Valley Independent story
Cal U story correction
California University of Pennsylvania's Council of Trustees is an advisory panel.
The Board of Governors of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education is charged with appointing presidents at Pennsylvania's 14 state-owned universities.
The state system has not yet begun its search for a permanent president at California University, where Geraldine M. Jones now serves as interim president.
That was unclear in a story that appeared on Page A1 in Wednesday's edition.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby
- Donora woman picked up on drug charges
- North Charleroi retiree spent almost 4 decades in medical profession
- Many laboring over Yesteryear memories as holiday approaches
- Rostraver man sent to jail, faces new drug charges
- Stockdale fire, N. Charleroi crash keep emergency personnel hopping
- Belle Vernon man who allegedly offered drugs to young girls jailed
- Italians savor rich Mon City moments
- N. Belle Vernon hires police officers
- New Charleroi cameras helping cops catch criminals in the act
- Birthday milestones give California Community’s Class of ’57 reason to celebrate