2 women injured in Carroll Township crash
Two area women were injured, one seriously, in a pre-dawn accident in Carroll Township on Friday.
Carol Welch, 53, of 160 First Ave., New Eagle, was transported to a landing zone at the Carroll Township fire station and then by emergency helicopter to Allegheny General Hospital, where she was listed in serious condition Friday, a hospital spokesman said.
The other driver, Lois DiBartolomeo, 58, of 122 Pleasant Valley Blvd., Rostraver Township, was transported to Monongahela Valley Hospital, where she was treated and later released.
According to Carroll Township police, Welch was driving south on Route 88 when her car crossed the center line and struck a vehicle driven by DiBartolomeo, who was traveling north.
The impact occurred in the northbound lane of Route 88 at Alexander Street, near the entrance to Haven Crest Nursing Center and Ringgold Elementary South.
Carroll, Donora and Monongahela police along with Carroll fire and Tri-Community ambulance personnel responded.
Route 88 in the area was shut down for about 45 minutes. The Mid-Mon Valley Transit Commuter Route to Pittsburgh was detoured along Route 837 through Donora to Monongahela.
The accident is still under investigation, police said.
Chris Buckley is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-684-2642 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland firefighters get training to save pets
- Monessen teenager charged in arson spree
- Rampound brings cheers to Ringgold athletic events
- Benefit concert planned for Daisytown minister
- Organizers plunge ahead with 2nd ‘Frosty Frolic’ to benefit California Area
- Mid-Mon Valley maintains strong ties to proposed Army museum
- Deteriorating Charleroi properties to be reviewed
- Mon Valley projects compete for shares of casino cash
- 2 city men charged in Dec. 29 Monessen arson
- Crisafulli: No signs of slowing down
- Charleroi credit union branch to close