2 women injured in Carroll Township crash
By Chris Buckley
Published: Saturday, May 11, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Two area women were injured, one seriously, in a pre-dawn accident in Carroll Township on Friday.
Carol Welch, 53, of 160 First Ave., New Eagle, was transported to a landing zone at the Carroll Township fire station and then by emergency helicopter to Allegheny General Hospital, where she was listed in serious condition Friday, a hospital spokesman said.
The other driver, Lois DiBartolomeo, 58, of 122 Pleasant Valley Blvd., Rostraver Township, was transported to Monongahela Valley Hospital, where she was treated and later released.
According to Carroll Township police, Welch was driving south on Route 88 when her car crossed the center line and struck a vehicle driven by DiBartolomeo, who was traveling north.
The impact occurred in the northbound lane of Route 88 at Alexander Street, near the entrance to Haven Crest Nursing Center and Ringgold Elementary South.
Carroll, Donora and Monongahela police along with Carroll fire and Tri-Community ambulance personnel responded.
Route 88 in the area was shut down for about 45 minutes. The Mid-Mon Valley Transit Commuter Route to Pittsburgh was detoured along Route 837 through Donora to Monongahela.
The accident is still under investigation, police said.
Chris Buckley is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-684-2642 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Belle Vernon firefighter faces harassment charges
- Alleged Charleroi mugger jailed
- Shots fired, Monessen house hit on S. 14th St.
- Wanted suspect nearly strikes 3 police officers in Elizabeth Township
- Mortgages demand serious thought
- Greater Washington Food Bank gets new boss
- Charleroi robbery suspect facing trial
- Belle Vernon, Ringgold coaching carousel continues
- Grant helps Belle Vernon teacher build collection of Civil War artifacts
- Charleroi Regional makes 3 drug arrests
- Smithton native charged in Ohio with faking illness to raise money