Monongahela benefit features dancing 'stars'
Monongahela Area Chamber of Commerce will present its second annual Dancing With Our Stars gala dinner and fundraiser on June 15 in the New Eagle Fire Department's social hall.
Styled after the hit ABC-TV show “Dancing With The Stars,” the event will feature eight couples — each comprising a local “celebrity” and a professional dancer from the Arthur Murray Dance Studio (South Hills) — competing for the coveted mirror ball trophy.
This year's celebrity contestants are: Sharon Brown, principal of Madonna Catholic Regional School in Monongahela; Tanya Chaney, massage therapist and owner/operator of Chaney's Natural in Monongahela; Billie Sue DeForest, manager and shareholder/operator of Tregembo Motors in Bentleyville; Tammy Henson, teller at First Niagara Bank in Monongahela; Chas Fine of New Eagle, an Informatics nurse at UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside in Pittsburgh; Benjamin (Benny) Fisher, sales and marketing coordinator for Slagle Roofing in Monongahela; Chris Grilli, professional photographer and owner/operator of Grilli's Studio in New Eagle; and Dr. Colin Webster, a chiropractor and owner of Webster Chiropractic and Sports Rehabilitation in Monongahela.
The Dancing With Our Stars festivities are open to the public and will begin with dinner at 6 p.m. The dance competition will start at 7:30 p.m., and the award presentation will take place at 8:30 p.m..
Tickets are $35 each and can be purchased online at www.MonongahelaAreaChamber.com or by calling 724-258-5919.The chamber is accepting sponsors of reserved tables for 12 at $450.
Pemberton said no tickets will be sold at the door on June 15.
Proceeds from the event will help the Chamber of Commerce fund Monongahela's annual Fourth of July fireworks celebration at the Noble J. Dick Aquatorium. The chamber has sponsored the traditional Independence Day festival since 1973.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former Monessen Mayor Smith injured in train crossing crash
- Monessen nuisance bar hearing opens
- Donora man apprehended after North Belle Vernon pharmacy robbery
- Home health care worker assaulted in Monongahela
- Donora council mediates dispute between former, current garbage haulers
- Charleroi man charged in 3 cases
- East Bethlehem woman charged in home invasion in which her husband was killed
- Social Security the most misunderstood retirement asset
- Cal U’s 22 Pushups effort draws attention to suicide by veterans
- ‘Runner’ sets pace in new TV venture for Donora native Moses
- Discord drives Monessen meeting