2 injured in Route 51 crash
By Rick Bruni Jr.
Published: Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 12:31 a.m.
Two Mid-Mon Valley residents were hospitalized following an early morning accident on state Route 51 south in Rostraver Township.
Police said Justine Pike, 27, of 65 Memorial Drive in Perryopolis, and Alice Parrish, 56, of 115 Conage Circle in Rostraver, suffered injuries from the crash, which occurred at 7:07 a.m. near the C. Harper Ford dealership.
Rostraver police said a Dodge Neon driven by Pike was headed south when it crossed into the northbound lane “for unknown reasons,” and struck a Kia Sportage driven by Parrish, who was stopped in the northbound turning lane to make a left turn onto McKerney Drive.
It took Rostraver Central firefighters about 30 minutes to extricate Pike from the vehicle. Police said she suffered lower body injuries and was flown via medical helicopter to Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh.
A hospital spokeswoman confirmed Pike was a patient Monday night, but would not provide a condition.
Parrish was taken by ambulance to Jefferson Regional Medical Center, police said. A hospital official did not return phone messages Monday seeking information on Parrish's condition.
Police said they shut down north and southbound lanes for approximately 45 minutes, adding the investigation is ongoing.
Also responding to the accident was Rostraver-West Newton Emergency Medical Services.
Rick Bruni Jr. is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-684-2635.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Stockdale firefighter finalist for National Firemark Award
- Another Donora bank building getting new tenant
- Action lacking on Ringgold’s zoning proposal
- Coke plant worker injured on the job
- New Eagle couple faces trial in dog abuse case
- East Vandergrift man arrested in Charleroi after allegedly arranging to meet girl, 15, for sex
- Monongahela drug bust nabs 5
- Charleroi woman jailed for burglaries
- Memorial tribute planned for Donora native Galiffa