Charleroi boy hit by car listed in good condition
A Charleroi toddler is recovering after being struck by a car Tuesday evening.
Christopher Jaquay, 3, of 204 Oakland Ave., is listed in good condition in Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. Hospital officials did not release details of the child's injury, but police said the boy suffered a broken leg.
According to police, the boy was standing with family members on the sidewalk in the 200 block of McKean Avenue, around 8 p.m. The child's mother drove up and got out of the car to retrieve items from her car. The boy saw his mother and ran toward her, darting out into traffic and into the path of a car driven by Jennifer Brady, 29, of 838 Shady Ave., Charleroi.
He was flown by emergency helicopter to Children's Hospital following the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Adventures still plentiful for Bellmar graduate Carol Nesti Riley in Virginia
- Monessen names top 2015 students
- Former Ringgold guidance counselor accused of sex assault faces trial
- Cancer survivors to celebrate with picnic at Mon Valley Hospital
- Properties for sale in Monessen
- PennDOT vows help for Charleroi
- Ringgold director Carroll quits
- Former soccer coach to stand trial in Monongahela
- Frazier High School names Class of 2015 top students
- Cal U cheerleading squad captures national title
- Lawmaker eyes Charleroi street woes