Car cruises draw crowds to Donora
Two charity car cruises were held Sunday in Donora.
The Donora Fire Company held its 5th annual cruise 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Palmer Park. Proceeds benefit the company's ladder truck fund.
The Monongahela and Donora Area Lions Club hosted its 2nd annual cruise 3 to 7 p.m. at Valley Skating Center. The event benefits Fisher House.
Both car cruises featured basket auctions, food and oldies music.
Forty trophies were awarded, and the first 100 cars received dash plaques.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Benefit 5K race, bike run planned for Mon Valley
- Youngwood man’s crash knocks out power in Monessen
- California woman’s tale of Army Reserve service told in Sen. McCain’s book
- Trial to begin Monday in Rostraver home invasion
- Man with Donora roots promoted to Air Force colonel
- Ringgold students earn Westinghouse science honor
- California, Pa. native John Messana hit high notes in opera, culinary roles
- Charleroi man charged in pizza shop burglaries
- Many in Mon Valley made news as area prepared for past holidays
- Carroll woman accused of prescription drug scheme
- Organic gardening program designed for Monessen kids