Washington Township death ruled accidental drowning
A woman found floating facedown in a Washington Township pool last month died of accidental drowning, according to the Washington County Coroner's office.
A spokeswoman for Tim Warco confirmed Thursday the July 3 drowning death of Denine “Missy” Menozzi, 49, of Clairton, was “accidental in nature.”
Menozzi was discovered floating unconscious in a pool at 211 Dent St., by the home's owner, John Baron, at 4:52 p.m. according to Washington Township Det. John McLaughlin.
Menozzi and Baron's sister, Driscilla J. Lazzari of Belle Vernon, had come to Baron's home to swim due to high temperatures, according to a police report. Police said while Lazzari had left the residence to pick up food, Baron came out of the house and discovered Menozzi.
Menozzi had suffered from numerous health issues, including a bout with cancer and multiple previous heart attacks, police said.
She was later pronounced dead at Monongahela Valley Hospital in Carroll Township, which is Warco's jurisdiction.
Menozzi is survived by her husband, Joseph F. Menozzi; one son, Matthew E. Menozzi, also of Clairton; and one daughter, Medina M. Menozzi, of Bridgeville.
Rick Bruni Jr. is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 724-684-2635.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Child abuse suspect apprehended, his mom charged
- Cal U makes president’s campus home showplace
- Mormons in Valley for mission project
- News Alert
- Local Leo Club collects shoes for charity
- Monessen nuisance bar hearing opens
- Charleroi man charged in 3 cases
- Donora man apprehended after North Belle Vernon pharmacy robbery
- Cal U’s 22 Pushups effort draws attention to suicide by veterans
- East Bethlehem woman charged in home invasion in which her husband was killed
- Former Monessen Mayor Smith injured in train crossing crash