Elizabeth Forward teachers still without contract
When classes resume in two weeks in the Elizabeth Forward School year, teachers could go back to work without a new labor agreement.
Dr. Bart Rocco, superintendent of the Elizabeth Forward School District, said talks are ongoing.
“We are still negotiating,” Rocco said. “I can't comment on the process.”
Students will return to class Sept. 5. The district will hold a clerical day Sept. 3 and an in-service day Sept.4.
Rocco said the decision to delay the start of the school year until early September was made in February, but acknowledged that it was made in part because the teacher's pact expired Aug. 31.
“We are negotiating and the district's position is we don't want to negotiate in the newspaper,” Rocco said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Monessen woman honored for service as church volunteer
- 3 hurt in Carroll crash
- Well-traveled Zemko credits homegrown values from Charleroi for successes in life
- Best way to get a job is to be well-prepared
- 6 charged following downtown California street fight
- Pippy: Coal power plant regulations not ‘realistic’
- Brownsville restaurant opens in historic home, pays homage to ‘Gone With the Wind’ plantation
- Rostraver jeweler goes all out to beat breast cancer
- Private Monessen ‘chat’ likely legal
- Mon Valley man faces trial, claims innocence to lawyer
- Ringgold acts on middle school project