Elizabeth Forward teachers still without contract
When classes resume in two weeks in the Elizabeth Forward School year, teachers could go back to work without a new labor agreement.
Dr. Bart Rocco, superintendent of the Elizabeth Forward School District, said talks are ongoing.
“We are still negotiating,” Rocco said. “I can't comment on the process.”
Students will return to class Sept. 5. The district will hold a clerical day Sept. 3 and an in-service day Sept.4.
Rocco said the decision to delay the start of the school year until early September was made in February, but acknowledged that it was made in part because the teacher's pact expired Aug. 31.
“We are negotiating and the district's position is we don't want to negotiate in the newspaper,” Rocco said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Child abuse suspect apprehended, his mom charged
- Oldies concert to give Charleroi school programs a boost
- Concert, dinner set to help California minister get new liver
- Monessen nuisance bar hearing opens
- Charleroi man charged in 3 cases
- Suicide support group at Monongahela Valley Hospital looks to fill void
- Home health care worker assaulted in Monongahela
- Donora schedules town hall meet to tackle trash trouble
- Donora always welcome destination for Gantt
- Cal U makes president’s campus home showplace
- Effort launched to save Kline span that connects Webster, Donora