Monessen woman to stand trial on drug, assault charges
A Monessen woman will face trial on charges she left a purse filled with heroin at a June 8 house party before attacking the party's host in the street weeks later.
Perrial Pearson, 25, of 452 Reed Ave., had one felony count of possession with intent to deliver and two misdemeanor counts of possession of a controlled substance held for court Friday by Magisterial District Judge Joseph Dalfonso in Monessen.
Monessen police said, following an alleged shooting during the party at 527 Chestnut St., they located a purse containing Pearson's identification and 271 stamp bags of heroin.
Pearson also waived to court charges of simple assault and harassment for allegedly punching Tomeka Hairston five to six times on June 24 at the intersection of Ninth Street and Braddock Avenue, according to police.
Hairston had hosted the June 8 party where police alleged Deaubre Lightfoot, 22, of Donora, shot Deallo Duncan, 21, of Monessen at 1:14 a.m. Pearson was treated medically after one of the bullets grazed her leg.
Lightfoot had attempted murder and other charges withdrawn last month because no witnesses, including Pearson, would testify.
Pearson remains free after posting separate bonds of $15,000 for the drug charges and $2,500 for the assault charge.
Hairston, 30, had a charge of unlawful acts relative to malt or brewed beverages withdrawn Friday in front of Dalfonso. Monessen police alleged she charged $5 for people to attend and drink alcohol.
Hairston, instead, pleaded guilty to a summary charge of disorderly conduct.
Rick Bruni Jr. is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 724-684-2635.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Memories still vivid for Monessen WWII veteran
- Flood watch issued this week for Mon River near Charleroi
- North Belle Vernon man faces trial for alleged assault of wife
- Former officer of Charleroi Area teachers’ union arrested for theft
- Scottdale-filmed ‘Gore Orphanage’ wins online contest
- Charleroi arson suspect reaches plea deal
- Rostraver man faces trial in child sex case
- Rostraver police investigating alleged sexual misconduct between Ringgold HS employee, student
- 8 charged following fight in California
- North Belle Vernon pharmacy robbery suspect to stand trial
- Charleroi Federal Savings unveils new name — cfsbank