Heroin charges in Charleroi
By Chris Buckley
Published: Wednesday, Aug. 28, 2013, 12:51 a.m.
When authorities served a bench warrant on Shawn Patterson Aug. 15 at his 101 Luella Ave. home, the Charleroi man consented to a search.
Washington County detectives allegedly seized 30 bricks of heroin, the equivalent of 1,500 stamp bags, as well as $5,586 in cash.
Patterson was arrested at the time and turned over to the Westmoreland County Sheriff.
He eventually made bail on the Westmoreland County charges.
Monday night, authorities armed with an arrest warrant, searched the 1005 Crest Ave., Charleroi home of his mother, Kathy Patterson Savko. During that search, investigators reported finding 50 bags of heroin and a little more than $6,600 in cash on Patterson.
He was charged Monday with manufacture, delivery or possession with intent to manufacture or deliver, possession of a controlled substance and use/possession of drug paraphernalia. Those charges stem from the Aug. 15 search, said Richard Gluth, supervisor of the district attorney's drug task force.
Arraigned before Magisterial District Judge Larry Hopkins in Charleroi, he was remanded in lieu of $750,000 bond.
Patterson will be charged at a later date for the drugs police allegedly discovered on him Monday night.
Chris Buckley is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-684-2642 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Belle Vernon firefighter faces harassment charges
- Alleged Charleroi mugger jailed
- Shots fired, Monessen house hit on S. 14th St.
- Greater Washington Food Bank gets new boss
- Wanted suspect nearly strikes 3 police officers in Elizabeth Township
- Mortgages demand serious thought
- Charleroi robbery suspect facing trial
- Trial ordered in Charleroi child pornography case
- Card theft claim lands Charleroi woman in trouble
- Fire rips through Rostraver house
- Smoke evacuates Rostraver Kmart