Heroin charges in Charleroi
When authorities served a bench warrant on Shawn Patterson Aug. 15 at his 101 Luella Ave. home, the Charleroi man consented to a search.
Washington County detectives allegedly seized 30 bricks of heroin, the equivalent of 1,500 stamp bags, as well as $5,586 in cash.
Patterson was arrested at the time and turned over to the Westmoreland County Sheriff.
He eventually made bail on the Westmoreland County charges.
Monday night, authorities armed with an arrest warrant, searched the 1005 Crest Ave., Charleroi home of his mother, Kathy Patterson Savko. During that search, investigators reported finding 50 bags of heroin and a little more than $6,600 in cash on Patterson.
He was charged Monday with manufacture, delivery or possession with intent to manufacture or deliver, possession of a controlled substance and use/possession of drug paraphernalia. Those charges stem from the Aug. 15 search, said Richard Gluth, supervisor of the district attorney's drug task force.
Arraigned before Magisterial District Judge Larry Hopkins in Charleroi, he was remanded in lieu of $750,000 bond.
Patterson will be charged at a later date for the drugs police allegedly discovered on him Monday night.
Chris Buckley is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-684-2642 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Youngwood man’s crash knocks out power in Monessen
- California woman’s tale of Army Reserve service told in Sen. McCain’s book
- Benefit 5K race, bike run planned for Mon Valley
- Man with Donora roots promoted to Air Force colonel
- Ringgold students earn Westinghouse science honor
- Trial to begin Monday in Rostraver home invasion
- Former Rostraver resident retires after 26 years of service to country
- California, Pa. native John Messana hit high notes in opera, culinary roles