Charleroi fire deemed 'suspicious'
State and Charleroi Regional police are investigating a small porch fire that broke out Tuesday evening in Charleroi, according to the borough's fire chief.
Charleroi Fire Chief Robert Whiten said the fire had been extinguished by the time his company responded around 9 p.m. at 710 Crest Ave.
Whiten said a section of wooden lattice had caught fire on a rear porch of the two-story residence that houses three families.
Whiten said one of the residents purportedly heard a noise on the porch, looked out and saw the fire before putting it out with a pot of water.
Whiten said the fire was “suspicious in nature” and that a state police fire marshal would investigate the incident further on Wednesday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- From Los Angeles to Belle Vernon, Mills traded music biz to teach
- Long Branch blaze under investigation
- Charleroi contractor charged for bad business
- Artistic ‘Vision’ pays off for Charleroi grad
- Belle Vernon Area brightens up a cloudy day
- Charleroi teachers raise funds to feed hungry schoolchildren
- Mon Valley paranormal group unlocking haunted mysteries
- Assault ends North Belle Vernon man’s new-found freedom
- Monessen still at odds over sales
- Pair charged with stealing checks from Monongahela Valley Hospital patients
- The Valley Independent made major move to new home 48 years ago