Perryopolis death under investigation
Police have identified a Perryopolis woman found shot to death near her home.
Mariann Dick, 61, of 587 Liberty St., died of a single gunshot wound to the head shortly before 6 p.m. Wednesday.
Her body was located at the corner of Liberty and Hancock streets, police reported.
She was pronounced dead at the scene by Fayette County Deputy Coroner Roger Victor.
The shooting is still under investigation, but authorities believe it was a suicide.
The weapon was a pistol, according to officials.
Police said there were witnesses to the shooting. Family members who were out of town at the time have been notified.
Witnesses contacted Perryopolis police.
Personnel from the Fayette Emergency Medical Services also responded to the scene.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Toprani out to stay on Ringgold board
- Donora handbag dispute sparks fight
- Belle Vernon Area turf ready to go
- North Charleroi man’s child sex case continued
- Retired Monessen mail carrier, veteran, 97, still loves to travel the world
- History abounds at site of Maple Creek Distributing
- Assistant band director drums up support to save Monessen building
- Two Cal U students charged in altercation
- Alleged Mon Valley heroin trafficker arrested
- No quorum in Rostraver
- Cops nab 4 in Monessen drug hangout