Convicted sex offender arrested in Monessen
A convicted sex offender living in Monessen was charged Thursday for failing to register his new address.
William “Buddy” Roberts, 45, whose last known address was 640 E. Main St., Apt. B, Monongahela, is in the Westmoreland County Prison after Monessen police arrested him last week on outstanding bench warrants.
Roberts is listed as a registered sex offender on the state police Megan's Law website. He was convicted of sexual assault and indecent assault on Jan. 24, 2006.
Monessen police said they located Roberts in Valley Manor on Third Street.
Monongahela police Chief Brian Tempest said he was notified Oct. 28 by state police that Roberts had left his apartment without notification. The change in address is required for registered sex offenders, which police said Roberts failed to do. Roberts was charged with failure to comply with registration of sexual offender requirements.
Monessen police Chief John Mandarino said Roberts' last known address in the city was 908 Rostraver St.
Roberts preliminary hearing for the Megan's Law violation is set for Nov. 21 in front of Magisterial District Judge Mark Wilson in Monongahela.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rostraver woman victim of home invasion
- Allegheny official sees bright future
- Charleroi mayor updates progress on master plan
- Comprehensive plan in works
- Learn how to build a financial pyramid
- Charleroi football player turns tragedy into triumph
- Veteran from Brownsville gets proper miliary burial
- Mon Valley towns hosting annual Halloween parades
- Charleroi men facing drug charges
- Trick-or-treat times set for Mon Valley
- Dugan, Pascarella selected for IUP’s Hall of Fame