Photo gallery: Mon Valley Leathernecks host U.S. Marine Corps 238 anniversary
By The Valley Independent
Published: Monday, Nov. 11, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
The Mon Valley Leathernecks hosted their annual Birthday Ball Saturday at the Donora Municipal Building Social Hall.
U.S. Army Brig. Gen. Lewis G. Irwin was the guest speaker for the U.S. Marine Corps 238th anniversary celebration.
Irwin, of McMurray, commands the 926th Engineer Brigade, the Army's largest combat engineer brigade, based in Montgomery, Ala.
Leathernecks chaplin Larry O. Maggi served as master of ceremonies. The banquet featured a formal program, cake-cutting ceremony, dinner and dancing.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wanted man nearly hits cops
- Shots fired, Monessen house hit on S. 14th St.
- Mortgages demand serious thought
- Greater Washington Food Bank gets new boss
- Trial ordered in Charleroi child pornography case
- Belle Vernon, Ringgold coaching carousel continues
- Charleroi robbery suspect facing trial
- Pastor’s childhood tale, scar key to Easter message
- Smoke evacuates Rostraver Kmart
- Brownsville Area senior wins major honor at state farm show
- Grant helps Belle Vernon teacher build collection of Civil War artifacts