Photo gallery: Mon Valley Leathernecks host U.S. Marine Corps 238 anniversary
The Mon Valley Leathernecks hosted their annual Birthday Ball Saturday at the Donora Municipal Building Social Hall.
U.S. Army Brig. Gen. Lewis G. Irwin was the guest speaker for the U.S. Marine Corps 238th anniversary celebration.
Irwin, of McMurray, commands the 926th Engineer Brigade, the Army's largest combat engineer brigade, based in Montgomery, Ala.
Leathernecks chaplin Larry O. Maggi served as master of ceremonies. The banquet featured a formal program, cake-cutting ceremony, dinner and dancing.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dedicated California educator Hasbrouck dead at 62
- Fallowfield plans meeting to reveal results of studies
- Artists paint the town in anticipation of annual Monessen exhibit
- Couple puts faith in new Sutersville antiques store
- Runners get set for Charleroi’s Little Great Race
- Monessen library presenting war stories
- North Charleroi retiree spent almost 4 decades in medical profession
- Minerd named AD at California Area High School
- Ringgold teachers OK four-year deal
- Many laboring over Yesteryear memories as holiday approaches
- Donora woman picked up on drug charges