Monessen sex offender appears in court
William “Buddy” Roberts, 45, waived his right to a preliminary hearing on one count of failure to comply with registration of sexual offender requirements.
It was Robert's second such violation. According to court records, Roberts pleaded guilty Feb. 12 to the same charge in the Washington County Court of Common Pleas.
Monongahela police said they received a call Oct. 28 from the state police in Harrisburg inquiring about the location of Roberts. Officer William Fusco said he went to Robert's residence at 640 East Main St., Apt. B, Monongahela, and it appeared vacant.
Fusco said a neighbor told him Roberts moved out weeks before to Monessen.
An investigation at Roberts' place of employment led police to find Roberts had recently been using his home address as 313 Third St., Apt. 3, Monessen.
Monessen police said Roberts was picked up last month on outstanding Westmoreland County bench warrants in Valley Manor, police said.
He remains in the Washington County Correctional Facility in lieu of $25,000 cash bond.
Rick Bruni Jr. is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-684-2635 or email@example.com
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police seek details in pedestrian fatal crash
- Deteriorating Monessen building under renewed scrutiny
- Accounting career adds up for Fallowfield native
- Recalling ‘White Friday’ storm that paralyzed Mid-Mon Valley in 1950
- Mon Valley Leathernecks tackle Toys for Tots drive
- Holiday movie gives Cal U students get 2 seconds of fame
- Holiday spirit alive & well in Mon Valley
- Rostraver woman collecting blankets for homeless vets
- Small Business Saturday events grow
- Century-old Christmas tradition catching on in Mon Valley
- For some, pathway to Thanksgiving often bumpy