Men to stand trial for Donora robbery, chicken wings theft
Two men will stand trial for allegedly robbing and stealing wings from a pizza delivery driver in Donora.
Tyler Hall, 18, of 418 Weis Ave., Donora, and Dorian Ellis, 18, of Monessen, were ordered held for court on felony charges of conspiracy and robbery-take property from others with force, and misdemeanor charges of terroristic threats, loitering/prowling at night, theft by unlawful taking, and possessing instruments of a crime.
Felony charges of conspiracy and robbery – inflicting serious bodily injury were withdrawn against both men.
They appeared Wednesday in Washington County Central Court for preliminary hearings.
Hall and Ellis are accused of robbing Hal Perry, a driver for Italian Village Pizza in Monongahela, shortly before 10 p.m. Nov. 13 on Short Street.
Perry told Donora police three black men wearing hooded sweatshirts confronted him and attempted to steal money.
An unnamed, 16-year-old Donora male, is also a suspect.
Perry told police he didn't know his assailants had a gun until he displayed his own firearm.
At that point, the suspects allegedly took off with wings valued at $17.94 and tossed away a pellet gun, police said.
Donora police searched the area of Thompson Avenue and Sixth Street and saw the suspects matching Perry's description eating the wings.
Hall and Ellis remain in the Washington County Correctional Facility, each in lieu of $25,000 straight cash bond.
Perry identified Hall and Ellis as the alleged robbers after police drove them back to Short Street.
Police said that while driving the suspects to the police station, he saw the wings the juvenile suspect allegedly tossed on the curb at the intersection of Thompson Avenue and Sixth Street.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Belle Vernon man who allegedly offered drugs to young girls jailed
- Artists paint the town in anticipation of annual Monessen exhibit
- Couple puts faith in new Sutersville antiques store
- Rostraver man sent to jail, faces new drug charges
- Valley men accused of burglary in Charleroi
- Donora woman picked up on drug charges
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Italians savor rich Mon City moments
- Belle Vernon Area chief paints rosy picture of district
- Stockdale fire, N. Charleroi crash keep emergency personnel hopping
- Minerd named AD at California Area High School