Photo gallery: Santa visits Monessen Civic Center, Belle Vernon church
Santa and Mrs. Claus were out and about in the Mon Valley this weekend as the countdown to Christmas Day is underway.
Our roving photographer captured some of the sights Saturday at the fifth annual “Breakfast with Santa” held at the First United Methodist Church in Belle Vernon.
At the Monessen Civic Center, the Christian Center Church in Rostraver Township hosted a “Family Fun Day.”
Through the church outreach program, parents and guardians could select gifts, winter coats, boots, gloves and hats for their children.
The event also featured games, crafts, treats and a food basket giveaway.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Valley residents enjoyed holiday happenings over weekend
- Police investigating shooting outside of Monessen bar
- Coal Center’s High Point restaurant for sale as owners ease into retirement
- Mon Valley communities put spotlight on Christmas season
- Community Bank, FedFirst celebrate merger in Rostraver
- Colonial leaders extended legacy to Mon Valley towns
- Rostraver woman killed in apparent murder-suicide had reported abuse, court records show
- New Manos Theatre opened in glorious fashion in Monessen
- Fayette City native Gordon Graham traveled many roads to Cheboygan
- Ex-mayor gets keys, deed to former Donora bank
- Police: Alleged Monongahela equipment thief faces charges