Rostraver cop hurt in crash
A Rostraver Township police officer was injured in a two-car accident Friday in Monessen.
Officer Stephen Sholtis was transported to Monongahela Valley Hospital by ambulance after his vehicle collided with a car driven by Jeffrey Joseph, 44, of 365 Redstone Church Road, Perryopolis.
Sholtis was treated and later released.
Police said the accident occurred 11:24 a.m. in the 1600 block of Schoonmaker Avenue, at Riverview Drive.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Donora man apprehended after North Belle Vernon pharmacy robbery
- ‘Runner’ sets pace in new TV venture for Donora native Moses
- Charleroi man charged in 3 cases
- Donora schedules town hall meet to tackle trash trouble
- East Bethlehem woman charged in home invasion in which her husband was killed
- Emery gets administrative judge job
- Mon Valley projects compete for shares of casino cash
- Social Security the most misunderstood retirement asset
- Organizers plunge ahead with 2nd ‘Frosty Frolic’ to benefit California Area
- Lilliput in Finleyville finds big success with small homes
- Charleroi mayor gives first state of the borough address