Man hurt after falling from roof in Donora
A man was flown to a Pittsburgh hospital after falling from a roof in Donora Friday afternoon.
Scott Bailey, 42, of Elizabeth Township, was helping install a new roof at 1536 Meldon Ave., when he fell approximately 25 feet to the ground around 2:45 p.m.
Josh Burnisky, who resides at the residence, said Bailey slipped on a piece of plywood and fell into a yard on the side of the house.
The yard was covered with slate that had been discarded from the roof, Burnisky said. He called Bailey “a family friend.”
Bailey was flown via medical helicopter from the Donora MIDA Industrial Park to Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, where he was being treated in the trauma unit Friday night, according to hospital spokesman Dan Laurent. His condition was not available at press time.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rostraver woman victim of home invasion
- Monessen pressed on sewage project
- Raptor system helps to protect Ringgold students
- Mon Valley towns hosting annual Halloween parades
- Retired U.S. Marine general key speaker
- Trick-or-treat times set for Mon Valley
- Parking, traffic issues discussed in N. Charleroi
- North Belle Vernon woman honors son’s legacy of caring, strength
- Monessen police break up fight
- Scheduling latest problem for Mon Valley police
- Fallowfield native dies in Nebraska crash