ArcelorMittal employee in fair condition after weekend accident in Monessen
Raymond Church, an employee at the ArcelorMittal coke plant in Monessen, was listed in fair condition Thursday afternoon at UPMC Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh after a weekend accident at the plant.
A hospital official confirmed Church is in the hospital's burn unit, recovering from injuries he suffered Saturday.
Citing federal laws, the hospital could not disclose Church's age or place of residence.
Company officials on Wednesday confirmed the accident happened, but would not provide any other details, saying the company was conducting an internal investigation.
The plant, which has been on hot-idle status since ArcelorMittal ceased operations in May 2009, is set to reopen in the next few days, a company spokeswoman said Wednesday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Couple puts faith in new Sutersville antiques store
- Monessen library presenting war stories
- Artists paint the town in anticipation of annual Monessen exhibit
- Belle Vernon man who allegedly offered drugs to young girls jailed
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Runners get set for Charleroi’s Little Great Race
- Stockdale fire, N. Charleroi crash keep emergency personnel hopping
- Minerd named AD at California Area High School
- Rostraver man sent to jail, faces new drug charges
- Valley men accused of burglary in Charleroi
- Chamber reorganized in Donora