PennDOT truck strikes gas line in Union Township
A PennDOT grader truck struck a gas line on Rankintown Road near Airport Road in Union Township shortly after 9:30 a.m. Tuesday.
No injuries were reported.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation crew voluntarily went door to door in the neighborhood to inform residents of the issue.
“Their first thought was to make sure everyone was safe,” said PennDOT District 12 spokeswoman Valerie Petersen.
“Our crews did that right away. Two residences had people at home and they were asked to move to different locations. They moved back in as soon as the gas line was shut off.”
Peoples Natural Gas and Southwest Regional Police were informed of the incident.
The crew was conducting some road shoulder work for drainage, Petersen said. By early afternoon, the crew was back on the job.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Belle Vernon Area turf ready to go
- North Charleroi man’s child sex case continued
- Donora handbag dispute sparks fight
- Fayette man charged in child sex case
- New contract for Monessen teachers
- Bentleyville man accused in stabbing
- Alleged Mon Valley heroin trafficker arrested
- History abounds at site of Maple Creek Distributing
- No quorum in Rostraver
- Two Cal U students charged in altercation
- New Mon Valley Regional Chamber committee is inviting young professionals to join