PennDOT truck strikes gas line in Union Township
A PennDOT grader truck struck a gas line on Rankintown Road near Airport Road in Union Township shortly after 9:30 a.m. Tuesday.
No injuries were reported.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation crew voluntarily went door to door in the neighborhood to inform residents of the issue.
“Their first thought was to make sure everyone was safe,” said PennDOT District 12 spokeswoman Valerie Petersen.
“Our crews did that right away. Two residences had people at home and they were asked to move to different locations. They moved back in as soon as the gas line was shut off.”
Peoples Natural Gas and Southwest Regional Police were informed of the incident.
The crew was conducting some road shoulder work for drainage, Petersen said. By early afternoon, the crew was back on the job.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Donora demolishing former Fifth Street School
- Cops nab Donora assault suspect
- Rider seeks expanded transit services
- Donora-Webster bridge demolition delayed
- Joe Campus bringing big band sound to Monessen Elks Lodge 773
- DEC grad to release horror movie filmed at Monessen library
- Mon Valley officials complain over PennDOT work schedule
- ‘Taste of the Town’ a hit in Rostraver
- Monessen drug dealer lands back behind bars
- Women facing different issues about retirement
- Monessen out to save money on tank