Monongahela Chamber of Commerce benefit will feature local dancing 'stars'
Monongahela Area Chamber of Commerce will present its third annual Dancing With Our Stars benefit event Saturday, June 28, at the New Eagle Volunteer Fire Department's social center.
The gala dinner and fundraiser will be presented by the Chamber in conjunction with Arthur Murray Dance Studio/South Hills.
Styled after the hit ABC-TV show, “Dancing With The Stars,” the event will feature seven couples — each composed of a local “celebrity” and a professional dancer from the Arthur Murray Dance Studio — competing for the coveted mirror ball trophy.
This year's celebrity contestants are:
• Denise Bartman, Fundvelopes, Monongahela.
• Erica Lenzi Raible, Lenzi's Service Station, Monongahela.
• Ruth Cialone, Cialone's Auto Care, Monongahela.
• Toni Moffit, Bottino Allstate Financial, Monongahela.
• Jeff Vitale, executive director, Mon Valley YMCA.
• Chris Buckley, reporter, The Valley Independent, Monessen.
• Ron McMichael, athletic director, Ringgold School District.
The winning couple will be determined by a combination of voting by a panel of judges and audience balloting. Votes in the form of funds donated will determine the People's Choice Award.
Dorothea Pemberton, executive director of the Chamber, said people also can donate for their favorite dancer at www.monongahelaareachamber.org. Each dollar contributed is one vote per cast member of their choice.
Disc jockey Bill Lemon will provide music for the dance competition and then offer a variety of music for open dancing for all in attendance. Lemon and Anthony Bottino of Allstate Bottino Financial, who is president of the chamber's board of directors, will serve as masters of ceremonies.
The Dancing With Our Stars event is open to the public and will begin with dinner at 6 p.m.
The dance competition will start at 7:30 p.m., and the award presentation will take place at 10 p.m.
The program also will include dance demonstrations by the Arthur Murray professionals, a wine bar hosted by Ripepi Winery, a cash bar, gift auction and other prizes.
Tickets are $35 each and can be purchased online at www.MonongahelaAreaChamber.org or by calling 724-258-5919.
The chamber is accepting sponsors of reserved tables for 12 at $450.
Pemberton said no tickets will be sold at the door on June 28.
Proceeds from the event will help the chamber fund Monongahela's annual Fourth of July fireworks celebration at the Noble J. Dick Aquatorium. The chamber has sponsored the traditional Independence Day festival since 1973.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Belle Vernon man who allegedly offered drugs to young girls jailed
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Runners get set for Charleroi’s Little Great Race
- Artists paint the town in anticipation of annual Monessen exhibit
- Monessen library presenting war stories
- Minerd named AD at California Area High School
- Reality Tour at Belle Vernon Area High School traces downfall of addict
- New Charleroi cameras helping cops catch criminals in the act
- Rostraver man sent to jail, faces new drug charges
- Valley men accused of burglary in Charleroi
- Belle Vernon Area chief paints rosy picture of district