'Casey's Cavalry' joining the battle in memory of Belle Vernon Area grad
A North Belle Vernon woman is organizing a team to participate in a charity walk in memory of her son who died of Ewing's Sarcoma at age 21.
Kristen Jackson and “Casey's Cavalry” will take part in the fourth annual Pittsburgh Cure Sarcoma 5K Run/Walk on July 12 at Pittsburgh's North Park.
The team is walking in memory of Casey Jackson, a 2009 Belle Vernon Area High School graduate and U.S. Army specialist who died Sept. 4, 2012.
“Casey fought cancer with bravery and continued to be generous, caring and unselfish to the end,” Kristen Jackson said of her son. “As he was going through his fight, he made a bucket list for me. One of his wishes was that a treatment could be found that would bring an end to Ewing's Sarcoma.”
All proceeds from the sale of “Casey's Cavalry” T-shirts will go directly to the Sarcoma Foundation for research. Suggested donation for the shirts is $20 ($25 for XXL).
For information on joining the team or making a donation, contact Jackson at 724-366-8633 or go to pittsburghcuresarcoma.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trick-or-treat times set for Mon Valley
- Raptor system helps to protect Ringgold students
- Mon Valley towns hosting annual Halloween parades
- Retired U.S. Marine general key speaker
- Monessen pressed on sewage project
- Parking, traffic issues discussed in N. Charleroi
- North Belle Vernon woman honor son’s legacy of caring, strength
- Monessen police break up fight
- Veteran from Brownsville gets proper miliary burial
- Scheduling latest problem for Mon Valley police
- Dugan, Pascarella selected for IUP’s Hall of Fame