Woman charged for role in Charleroi bar fight
A Carroll Township woman is accused of getting into a fight with a Charleroi bartender and breaking her finger.
Janet M. Hamilton, 43, of 1334 Country Club Road, is charged with simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct for the June 29 incident at the Russian Club.
Charleroi Regional Police were called to the club at 1024 McKean Ave., shortly after 10 p.m. for an assault on bartender Amy Williams.
Williams told police when Hamilton came to the bar, she told her she would serve her as long as Hamilton didn't “start any trouble,” according to the criminaal complaint filed at the office of Magisterial District Judge Larry Hopkins in Charleroi.
Hamilton is the ex-girlfriend of Williams' boyfriend, Jim Durinsky, the complaint states.
Williams told police she grabbed Hamilton's beers off the bar and told her to leave after she allegedly started to “act up,” police said.
That's when Hamilton alllegedly got up and smacked Williams in the left arm.
The women started fighting on the floor, and at some point Williams suffered a broken finger.
After the fight was broken up, Hamilton allegedly left the bar.
Witnesses Jim Durinsky and Chelsea Durinsky both told police Hamilton allegedly came in the bar “drunk,” and smacked Williams, triggering the fight, police said.
Mon Valley Emergency Medical Services personnel told Williams to go to a hospital to get treatment for her broken finger.
Hamilton was sent the charges via postal summons.
She faces a hearing before Hopkins 9 a.m. July 31.
Stacy Wolford is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-684-2640 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Woman accused of dealing drugs in Donora
- 3 men arrested on drug charges in Donora
- Preservation project set for I-70 bridge
- Veteran from Brownsville gets proper miliary burial
- Octogenarian priest recalls his early days growing up in Donora
- Charleroi mayor updates progress on master plan
- Salvation Army honors do-gooders
- North Belle Vernon woman honors son’s legacy of caring, strength
- Rostraver woman victim of home invasion
- Mon Valley towns hosting annual Halloween parades
- Trick-or-treat times set for Mon Valley