Firefighters quickly douse blaze inside Donora Industrial Park
Firefighters responded to a fire at the Donora Industrial Park on Washington Street in Carroll Township about 1 p.m. Monday.
Workers were using a cutting torch on an old tank inside Hannah Welding when recycling material inside it caught fire. Firefighters from Carroll, Valley Inn, Donora and Monongahela responded and quickly extinguished the blaze, which did not advance into the roof of the structure.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Monessen school staffer punished for issuing '50 Shades' quiz
- Cal U trustees change tonight’s meeting time
- Demolition moving to Donora side of bridge
- CCAC’s Washington Center plans first job fair
- North Belle Vernon pharmacy robbery suspect to stand trial
- Valley public transit pioneer honored for years of service
- Flood watch issued this week for Mon River near Charleroi
- Charleroi man accused of improper sexual contact with teen
- Equipment worth $20K stolen from Donora-Webster bridge demolition site
- North Belle Vernon man faces trial for alleged assault of wife
- Memories still vivid for Monessen WWII veteran