New Eagle man accused of growing marijuana plants
A New Eagle man is accused of growing marijuana plants in the basement of his home to “use at a later date.”
Anthony Jerry Pieczynski, 21, of 163 First Ave., was charged Monday with manufacture of a controlled substance and possession with intent to use drug paraphernalia.
He was arraigned before Magisterial District Judge Mark Wilson in Monongahela and sent to the Washington County Correctional Facility in lieu of $5,000 straight cash bond.
According to the affidavit of probable cause, Monongahela police officers Ryan Waggoner. William Fusco and Kevin Harris and Chief Brian Tempest along with Carroll Township police Chief Paul Brand served a warrant at Pieczynski's home 9:30 a.m. Monday.
In a makeshift bedroom – located in the basement of the home – police allegedly found 10 suspected marijuana plants. The plants were either potted in dirt or in smaller cups with grow lights and fertilizer, according to the affidavit.
Police also said they found a digital scale, additional growing containers and a film container with seeds and glass smoking devices were discovered.
According to the affidavit, Pieczynski told police he was the owner of the marijuana plants and that he was growing them to cultivate and “use at a later date.”
Police said among the items found in the suspect's home was a calendar marked with days to harvest the plants.
A field test was conducted on the plants, which tested positive for marijuana.
Chris Buckley is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-684-2642 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mon City cemetery dressed up for Memorial Day
- Monessen man faces trial in shooting
- Monongahela River towns invite public to play on the water
- Cal U professor recalls talks with a Hitler henchman
- Mon Valley communities prepare Memorial Day events
- Tip leads to arrest of 2 fugitives in Charleroi
- Crawford carried skills, zest for life to the West Coast
- Former Ringgold guidance counselor facing sex charges
- In close race, Kepics wins Dem nod as mayor of Monongahela
- Donora mayor wins Dem nod in race with friend
- Alleged Bunola shooter condition critical