Rash of thefts reported in Carroll Twp.
Carroll Township police Chief Paul Brand is warning residents to make sure they lock their vehicles and detached garages.
“We've had a few thefts that we believe are related or are at least being committed by someone that has good knowledge of the area,” Brand said.
At least 12 incidents have been reported in the area of Route 481, Route 2023 (Bentleyville Road), Hazelkirk Road, Taylor Run Road and Bogdan Road.
“It's about a two-square mile area,” Brand said.
Brand said that unlocked cars have been entered as well as garages.
“We've had reports of the usual things being stolen like change, GPS systems as well as prescription medication,” the chief said. “As for the garages, we've had a few instances of welding cable taken as well as other precious metals like copper.”
Someone also reported that a Taurus 9 mm handgun was stolen.
If anyone has noticed suspicious activity, suspicious vehicles or anything else they feel may be connected to the incidents they can reach police at 724-483-5556 or by calling 911.
“Someone may have noticed something that they don't realize is important,” Brand said. “Any information can be useful. So if anyone has anything that they remember seeing, they can give us a call and report it.”
Jeremy Sellew is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-684-2667 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cops: Charleroi man found dead in Carroll bathroom
- Retired Monessen mail carrier, veteran, 97, still loves to travel the world
- Two Cal U students charged in altercation
- Committee planning BVA anniversary celebration
- Belle Vernon Reality Tour offers close look at ‘nightmare’ of drug abuse
- St. Vincent de Paul store in Monessen still growing
- Assistant band director drums up support to save Monessen building
- Brownsville native draws from life experience in series of books
- CNG refueling site opens in Bentleyville
- Mount St. Macrina hosting annual pilgrimage