One-car crash on Route 31 kills Donegal man
Driver killed in Route 31 crash
A Donegal man died early Wednesday in a one-car crash near Acme.
Ralph W. Skovira, 22, of Church Street, was pronounced dead at the scene of the 2:45 a.m. crash on Route 31 by Westmoreland County Deputy Coroner Joshua Zappone.
State police said Skovira was driving his 2003 Audi A4 eastbound about two miles west of the turnpike interchange in Donegal Township when he crossed the center line and drove off the roadway for an unknown reason, striking a utility pole. Police said his car struck some trees before it flipped onto the passenger side and caught fire.
Skovira was pronounced dead at the scene.
Zappone said toxicology tests will not be completed for several weeks.
The highway was closed for a few hours while crews cleared the wreckage.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mt. Pleasant-area arena nets $10K in county tourism funding
- Mt. Pleasant-area company donates $10K to University of Pittsburgh facility
- Mt. Pleasant-area association aims to provide mining industry education
- Mt. Pleasant Area Historical Society makes its mark for Civil War veterans
- Mt. Pleasant Area student fundraiser tops $5K since 2012
- Easter egg hunts to occur throughout Mt. Pleasant area
- Lenten luncheons at Mt. Pleasant church draw hundreds weekly
- Mt. Pleasant Public Library event invites all to ‘let winter go’
- Mt. Pleasant Area revises prom attire dress code