Shop Demo Depot has ideas for growth
Jack Brown knows that bringing a good idea to life can often cost money.
That's why Brown — director of community services of the Greensburg-based, nonprofit Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) — is looking for volunteers to help produce quality, cost-efficient ideas designed to improve the overall profile and impact of Shop Demo Depot in Mt. Pleasant.
Such is the purpose of a new volunteer marketing committee being formed within the nonprofit organization which accepts tax-deductible donations of surplus and reusable building supplies from businesses, manufacturers and the general public.
Proceeds from Shop Demo Depot benefit WCA programs throughout Westmoreland County.
“The reason I brought this committee together is to have a group of volunteers in which everybody has different ideas to enhance our exposure and our customer base,” said Brown at a recent committee meeting held at the organization's site at 1 Cooks Way in the borough.
Currently, the committee formed by Brown has a total of eight members, including:
• Jeff Landy — Mt. Pleasant Borough manager;
• Ellen Keefe — Westmoreland Cleanways;
• Barry Gaetano — WCA board member;
• Jane Noel — Computers Made Easy;
• Jane Sibenaller — Public Relations and Marketing Counsel;
• Judy Eans — Comcast Spotlight;
• Terri Yurcisin — Westmoreland County Dept. of Planning & Development;
• Kim Giles, deconstruction manager at Shop Demo Depot.
“I'm hoping for major guidance from the committee members themselves. We're looking for ideas on how to promote Demo Depot, and not just to expand the customer base,” Giles said. “We also want to attract donations of products which would otherwise go to the landfill, which in turn would help the environment and benefit WCA programs.”
Brown said he would like to see continued member growth on the committee.
“We're actually looking to have a 14-member board, so there are six more spots available at the table,” Brown said.
Marketing tools which Shop Demo Depot has already put to use include its website, www.shopdemodepot.com, Craigslist and Facebook.
The committee's next meeting is scheduled for noon on Nov. 28.
Those interested in attending are asked to call Rene Mulroy at 724-552-0491 or email@example.com.
A.J. Panian is a staff editor with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-547-5722 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mt. Pleasant Writers Circle to host award-winning author
- Mt. Pleasant Area revises prom attire dress code
- Cyril H. Wecht to speak at Mt. Pleasant-area drug/alcohol forum
- New restaurant opens in Donegal
- Fundraiser for Mt. Pleasant Area grad is ongoing
- Mt. Pleasant Township Municipal Authority plans for future
- Mt. Pleasant area family organizes ACS fundraiser
- Mt. Pleasant Area cheerleaders help plan ‘Swishes for Wishes’
- Mt. Pleasant Glass Museum to kick off 2015 speaker series
- New York-style pizza comes to New Stanton