JJ's Pizza opens in Mt. Pleasant
By Cami Dibattista
Published: Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
JJ's Pizza opened its doors at 647 W. Main St. in Mt. Pleasant this week.
The establishment is the second pizza business owned by husband and wife, Jeff and Heather Wishart, of Scottdale.
The couple's Scottdale location has been operating for more than three years and they said they are hoping for “a booming business” in Mt. Pleasant, as well.
“We're really excited about it,” said Heather Wishart, who is managing the business's new Mt. Pleasant location while her husband continues to run the Scottdale site.
The couple said their customer base in Scottdale often includes residents from the Mt. Pleasant area, so they found the borough to be an obvious choice when they decided to expand the business.
“We're happy with our location and the space is a good size,” said Jeff Wishart.
For the grand opening of JJ's Pizza, a large one-topping is specially priced at $7.99. In addition to regular and specialty pizzas, the menu includes appetizers, salads, gyros and hoagies.
Business hours are Monday through Thursday — 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday — 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Saturday — 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.; and Sunday — 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
The Mt. Pleasant location will open earlier than the Scottdale location because the couple is hoping the amount of offices in the area will result in a big lunch crowd, Jeff Wishart said.
Several employees from JJ's Pizza in Scottdale will be making the move to the new location and two new employees have been hired from the Mt. Pleasant area.
“I think they'll do very well at a second location,” said Jen Bower of Connellsville, an employee who will be joining the staff at the new JJ's Pizza. “They put out a good product and you get your money's worth.”
Jeff Wishart worked in the pizza business throughout college.
After he and Heather graduated, they worked other jobs for a few years, Wishart said.
“We realized there was something better out there for us,” he said.
Several years and many pizzas later, the Wisharts are eager and excited to begin the successful expansion of their business.
“We're really looking forward to being in Mt. Pleasant,” said Heather Wishart.
Customers can call 724-547-7492 (PIZA) to place their orders as of this week.
Cami DiBattista is a freelance writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- ‘Save Chatham’ protesters ordered to leave Shadyside campus
- State College restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Highmark’s insurance profit falls 40%
- Duquesne teachers accept fact-finder recommendations for contract
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- Alaska’s Iditarod Trail challenges Unity couple