Geyer center to present 'Up the Down Staircase
The Geyer Performing Arts Center will present “Up the Down Staircase” Thursday through Sunday in the Geyer Performing Arts Center in Scottdale. The show is being directed by Kat Post. Show times will be 7:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday with a 2:30 p.m. matinee on Sunday. Tickets are $10. A dinner-theater package is available in conjunction with Miss Martha's for $25. For more information, call 724-887-0887 or visit www.geyerpac.com.
• There will be a free community meal from 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday in the social hall of Mt. Pleasant Church of God. Dinner will consist of roast beef, parsley potatoes, dessert, vegetables and salad. For more information, call 724-547-7110.
• A ham and beef dinner will be served from 3:30 to 7 p.m. Saturday in Paradise United Methodist Church. Cost for the dinner will be $12 for adults and $6 for children ages 4 to 12. Take-out orders will be available. For more information, call 724-887-6148.
• Lenten dinners have returned to the St. Pius social hall. The meals will be served from 4 to 7 p.m. every Friday through April 11. There also will be fish dinners offered every week of both fried or baked for the same prices as the pasta meals, and children's macaroni and cheese meals will be offered weekly for $5. If you don't want an entire dinner, you can get a la carte items such as a piece of fish or side dishes. Cost will be $10 for adults and $5 for children, and takeout will be available. St. Pius is looking for volunteers to help each week.
• Mt. Pleasant Ministerium will hold Lenten services every Wednesday through Lent and on Good Friday, April 18. All services will begin at noon and will be held in the Mt. Pleasant Church of God fellowship hall. A light lunch will be offered. Free-will offerings will be accepted.
• Friends of the Mt. Pleasant Library are holding a basket raffle in the library as a fundraising project. A large basket is on display holding items including gift cards, candy candles and more. Tickets are one for $2, three for $5 and seven tickets for $10. The drawing will be held on March 19, so you have plenty of time to visit the library and purchase your tickets in support of our community treasure.
• St. Florian Church of United announced its annual Easter kolache sale is under way. Advance orders are being taken for 15-inch, freshly baked nut, apricot, poppyseed and prune rolls priced at $12 each. Orders will be taken until March 24, and rolls will be available for pickup in the social hall April 4-6. To place an order, call Phyllis at 724-423-5233, Bobbi at 724-423-6619 or Juanita at 724-423-2455.
• The Relay for Life team Esther's Crew will sponsor a bus trip March 22 and 23 to Lancaster. Included in the trip cost will be a visit to the Institute for Biblical and Scientific Studies, supper at Shady Maple and a trip to the Sight and Sound Theater to see a production of “Moses.” Prices will be $257 for a single, $217 for a double, $207 for a triple and $197 for a quad. For more information, call 724-396-6542 or 724-547-5839.
• The Mt. Pleasant Glass Museum in the old Lenox Crystal building operates from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. The museum is accepting new members for 2014.
• If you are a resident of Mt. Pleasant Township, your monthly recycling date will be the first Thursday of a full week of each month. If you do not have a container from your recycling company, use any container you have but mark it as recyclable. Township residents are to put their recycling containers at the end of their driveways or in the location they put their trash when it is collected. For a full schedule of recycling dates and other township information, visit www.mtpleasanttwp.com.
• The next recycling days in Mt. Pleasant Borough will be Monday and Tuesday.
To submit an item for this column, email email@example.com.
Marilyn Forbes is a Mt. Pleasant resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bauer tenders resignation to Mt. Pleasant VFW Post 3368
- Mt. Pleasant center celebrates 40th anniversary
- Chestnut Ridge society welcomes collector of Christmas antiques
- Festival of Lights to mark 25 years in Mt. Pleasant
- Mt. Pleasant-area youth gather to discuss Japanese animation
- ‘Memory Tree’ tradition to return to Mt. Pleasant hospital
- Mt. Pleasant Area scholar receives national honor
- Mt. Pleasant VFW post officially reopens on Main Street