MOSS to hold several events to mark Catholic Schools Week
Mother of Sorrows School will join the other 16 Catholic Schools in the Greensburg Diocese in celebrating the annual Catholic Schools Week, beginning Sunday.
The national, week-long event celebrates Catholic education in the community by focusing on their presence, impact and value. This year's national theme is “Catholic Schools Raise the Standards.”
Here is a listing of events scheduled throughout the week.
• 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.: School Open House – Coffee, juice and donuts will be available. Parents can pick up registration packets in the lobby.
• 11:30 a.m.: Mass
• 1:30 p.m.: Knights of Columbus Free Throw Championship. Gym teachers will be available for questions and advice.
• 9 a.m.: Pep Rally
• Monday is MOSS spirit day, and students can dress down in the theme of marathon, sports or spirit wear.
• Crazy sock day
• 7:40 to 8:40 a.m.: Pastries with Parents.
• Guest luncheon for kindergarten, fifth and second grade.
• Jump Rope for Heart demonstration.
• Guest luncheon for third grade and middle school.
• Extreme Uniform Day. Students are encouraged to get creative with their uniforms and customize them to student personalities.
• 8:20 to 8:40 a.m.: Continental breakfast to-go will be served to bus drivers
• 9:30 a.m.: Mass.
• Guest luncheon for first and fourth grades.
• Dress down and crazy hat day.
• Students will collect “kid-friendly” food for the local food pantry, including fruit snacks, cereal, hot chocolate and drink boxes.
• 2 p.m.: Eighth-grade student vs. parents and teachers basketball game.
Daveen Rae Kurutz is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 8627, or firstname.lastname@example.org.