John Deere driver gets DUI in Murrysville
A Murrysville man is accused of driving a John Deere lawn mower through the streets of Murrysville while drunk.
Thomas G. Marrone, 55, of Kemerer Hollow Road in Murrysville, was charged with driving under the influence; driving under the influence, highest rate of alcohol; and driving while operating privilege is suspended.
According to an affidavit, Murrysville police found Marrone driving the riding lawn mower along Gun Club Road near Royal Highlands park on Aug. 30 at about 1:25 a.m. Officer Thomas Hart wrote that he could smell alcohol on Marrone's breath when he began speaking with him. Marrone also had an open can of Coors Light in the storage compartment of the mower, Hart said.
While talking with police, Marrone's mower began to drift downhill, Hart wrote. Marrone told police he planned to drive the about 6.4 miles to his Kemerer Hollow Road home
Marrone is scheduled to appear at a preliminary hearing in front of Magisterial Judge Charles Conway on Tuesday.
Daveen Rae Kurutz is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-856-7400 ext. 8627 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Delmont sues feuding owners of run-down business property
- Murrysville hosts community camp-out over weekend
- Pipe replacement by Delmont, Murrysville to fix erosion
- Volunteers to blitz Murrysville park to document biodiversity
- 57th District candidate faces home foreclosure
- Cyclist injured after crashing into truck in Murrysville
- Delmont breathes sigh of relief over pump station