Franklin Regional School Board completes administrative team
The new Franklin Regional administrative team is complete.
The Franklin Regional School Board Monday hired Andrew Leviski, 34, of Lower Burrell, as middle school principal. His start date has not been determined.
Leviski currently is principal at Springdale Junior/Senior High School. A former English teacher, he has been an administrator at the school for more than three years.
“He is a very good hire,” Board President Herb Yingling said. “He's a great guy and on step with everything we're doing here.”
Leviski is the final hire to the administrative team at Franklin Regional. During the past 18 months, the district has hired a human resources director, supervisor of technology, superintendent and assistant superintendent.
Leviski replaces Chris Kelly, who requested a transfer during the summer to teach health and physical education at the high school.
Leviski will earn a prorated salary of $100,000.
Shelley Shaneyfelt, retired director of curriculum and instruction, will continue to serve as interim middle school principal until Leviski is permitted to leave Allegheny Valley.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ Worley tosses 4-hit shutout vs. Giants
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Westmoreland women stole thousands to finance dog show appearances
- Pirates expect high prices in trade market
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- Pittsburgh Brewing tries to reconnect with region, return to glory days
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- Pa. Congressmen ask NCAA to relax sanctions on Penn State football
- Police say naked woman stabs three women during street fight in McKees Rocks
- Steelers linebacker Spence confident he can avoid injury setbacks
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Southern Beltway extension gets funding