Several closings, delays announced for Murrysville area
A forecast that calls for subzero temperatures has caused several closings and delays in the Murrysville area.
• Allied Waste, the trash collector for Murrysville and Export, will not pick up garbage or recycling on Tuesday. As a result, trash collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
• All Franklin Regional activities are canceled for Monday evening.
• The Franklin Regional School Board has canceled its committee meeting for Monday. It will take place before its voting meeting on Jan. 20 at 7:30 p.m.
• Classes at Franklin Regional are canceled on Tuesday.
• Murrysville Community Library will open at 11 a.m. Tuesday.
• Murrysville Recreation has canceled the recreational swim scheduled for Tuesday.
• Export Council has relocated its reorganization and council meeting 7 p.m. Monday night to the American Legion along Old William Penn Highway.
Murrysville police remind residents with power or heat emergencies to call 911 rather than the police station.
The National Weather Service in Moon Township forecasts a low of -11 degrees for Monday and a high of 1 degree for Tuesday.
Police advise residents to be careful when going out during the next few days. Murrysville police Chief Tom Seefeld recommended avoiding driving.
“Stay home if possible, and limit traveling on the roads to allow the public-works department the chance to address the road conditions,” Seefeld said. “This will also help to keep the number of accidents to a minimum. Be smart, be careful and check on your family and neighbors to make sure they are OK during the next couple days.”
Daveen Rae Kurutz is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 8627, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Murrysville man won’t be charged for slitting pit bull’s throat
- Delmont council notes: Two new officers hired, smoke testing to take place
- Turtle Creek short-line rail marks 125th anniversary
- Photo gallery: ‘Water Day’ at Goddard School in Murrysville
- ‘Wipes out’: Nonflushable paper products causing clogging issues