10 Franklin Regional teachers submit retirement papers
Franklin Regional will say goodbye to 10 teachers after this school year.
The board approved a series of personnel moves on Monday, including 10 retirements and several leaves of absence.
Those retiring after this school year are:
• Catherine Ashworth, second-grade teacher at Sloan.
• Eric Blaugher, English teacher at the high school.
• Suzanne Flory, music teacher at Sloan.
• Susan Gagliardi, first-grade teacher at Sloan.
• Ghislaine Di Biasi-Hess, French teacher at the middle school.
• Teresa Fox, special education teacher at the middle school.
• Kathryn Shaw Midgley, art teacher at the high school.
• Carolyn Stewart, computer science and calculus teacher at the high school.
• Linda Wakefield, third-grade teacher at Newlonsburg.
• Debra Wills, Spanish teacher at the high school.
This is the second consecutive year that Franklin Regional teacher retirements will hit double digits. Last spring, 17 teachers retired.
Last week, two Sloan teachers also were approved for a leave of absence.
Libby Jones, a kindergarten teacher, will take a leave of absence from May 14 through the end of the school year.
Kim Ord, a fourth-grade teacher, will take a leave of absence from March 27 through May 23.
The district also made Jennifer DiFulvio's term as interim assistant principal at the middle school permanent.
Replacement teachers will be interviewed during the summer and hired at the August meeting.
Daveen Rae Kurutz is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-856-7400, ext. 8627, or email@example.com.