Churches offer support, hold prayer vigils
Several local churches will be hosting prayer vigils and offering support services on Wednesday following the incident at Franklin Regional High School, where 19 students and a security guard were stabbed.
• Mother of Sorrows Church, 4202 Old William Penn Highway, will hold a 7 p.m. prayer service.
• Cornerstone Ministries will host a prayer service at 7 p.m. at the Warehouse, located along Boyd Road in Murrysville across from the church. Counseling also is available.
• Newlonsburg Presbyterian Church, 4600 Old William Penn Highway, will hold a prayer vigil at 7 p.m. Two pastors, Curtis Paul and Marnie Silbert, will be available all day for pastoral care and counseling.
• Murrysville Alliance Church, 4130 Old William Penn Highway, will hold a prayer service at 7 p.m.
• Emmanuel Reformed Church of the United Church of Christ, known as Hills Church, 3618 Hills Church Road, will hold a worship service with communion at 7:30 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Murrysville officials seek a ‘vision’ for its future
- FTMSA officials nix trips in agency Jeep
- Franklin Regional officials disappointed in firing of guard
- Discussion of Murrysville drilling ordinance closed to public
- Franklin Township Municipal Sanitary Authority to pay bill with rewards credit card