Churches offer support, hold prayer vigils
Several local churches will be hosting prayer vigils and offering support services on Wednesday following the incident at Franklin Regional High School, where 19 students and a security guard were stabbed.
• Mother of Sorrows Church, 4202 Old William Penn Highway, will hold a 7 p.m. prayer service.
• Cornerstone Ministries will host a prayer service at 7 p.m. at the Warehouse, located along Boyd Road in Murrysville across from the church. Counseling also is available.
• Newlonsburg Presbyterian Church, 4600 Old William Penn Highway, will hold a prayer vigil at 7 p.m. Two pastors, Curtis Paul and Marnie Silbert, will be available all day for pastoral care and counseling.
• Murrysville Alliance Church, 4130 Old William Penn Highway, will hold a prayer service at 7 p.m.
• Emmanuel Reformed Church of the United Church of Christ, known as Hills Church, 3618 Hills Church Road, will hold a worship service with communion at 7:30 p.m.