Millvale Community Library receives $50,000 grant to finish new location
The Millvale Community Library will get a $50,000 boost in the form of a grant to finish its building.
The Redevelopment Authority of Allegheny County on Friday approved awarding the grant.
The money comes from the Allegheny County Community Infrastructure and Tourism Fund, which gets money from legalized gambling.
The Millvale Community Library was started in 2008 as a small space on the second floor of the Millvale Community Center.
However, the library has grown through support of the local community as well as grants and donations.
The new location, which is at 213 Grant Ave., Millvale, is slated to open in the coming months.
For more information on the project, visit millvale library.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates rout Cardinals to keep things interesting in NL Central
- LaBar: Best next opponent for Brock Lesnar
- Rams take down TJ in season opener
- BVA breaks in new field by beating Trinity
- Defense sparks Freeport to Allegheny Conference victory over Shady Side Academy
- Clairton picks up where it left off, rout California, 72-0
- Bank of New York Mellon computer glitch examined for harm to investors
- Leader Times roundup: Karns City rolls in opener
- Connellsville Area School District to honor Hall of Fame inductees
- Charleroi can’t survive Scotties’ thunder
- High temperatures, low gas prices could entice 30.4M holiday travelers