Some schools canceling delays for Wednesday
Because of the limited impact of Superstorm Sandy on the northern suburbs, several local school districts have canceled two-hour delays that had been scheduled for Wednesday, officials said.
North Allegheny School District schools will operate normally. Halloween parties at elementary schools, however, still will be held Friday.
North Hills School District schools will operate normally.
Pine-Richland School District schools will operate normally.
Shaler Area School District schools will operate normally.
St. Sebastian School will operate normally. Preschool no longer is canceled.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Shaler officials OK modifications to cell tower off Glenn Scott Drive
- New Cinemark in McCandless boasts modern luxuries
- North Hills Community Outreach seeks volunteers to detail cars for community auto program
- Hampton grad grabs lead in music video
- Professional actress offers coaching at Jeter Backyard Theater in Pine
- Temple Ohav Shalom welcomes new rabbi, directors in time for High Holidays
- Richland flintlock firearms maker to teach class in Hampton
- Plenty of activities on tap for Ross Township Community Day
- Molly Maguires celebrate 50 years of making music with Etna, Shaler concerts
- Shaler take-back event offers chance to safely dispose of prescription drugs