Some schools canceling delays for Wednesday
Because of the limited impact of Superstorm Sandy on the northern suburbs, several local school districts have canceled two-hour delays that had been scheduled for Wednesday, officials said.
North Allegheny School District schools will operate normally. Halloween parties at elementary schools, however, still will be held Friday.
North Hills School District schools will operate normally.
Pine-Richland School District schools will operate normally.
Shaler Area School District schools will operate normally.
St. Sebastian School will operate normally. Preschool no longer is canceled.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- North Hills students share their knowledge of German language
- Ross housing proposal denied
- Photo Gallery: Testing airplanes at North Hills High School
- Shaler Area preliminary budget shows $1.7M shortfall
- Shaler Area incumbent out following primary voting
- Pleasant Hills library to put new voices on old-time radio shows
- Northway developer seeks variance requests without knowing tenants, buildings
- Makeover coming to Mars National Bank drive-thru branch in Richland
- Cyber campaign nets protective vest for Northern Regional Police dog
- Shaler Area Elementary students transform classroom into inflatable lunar colony
- Fulbright sending Shaler grad to Amsterdam to study