Gallery: North Hills Choral Department's Madrigal Dinner
The North Hills Senior High School Choral Department had a Madrigal Dinner on Dec. 8 in the St. Athanasius Parish social hall in West View.
The fundraising event was sponsored by the North Hills Choral Parents Association. Proceeds will benefit the North Hills Senior High Choir trip to Kings Island, near Cincinnati, where students will sing for a competitive rating at the Music in the Parks festival.
The evening included a spaghetti meal served by choir members, and the Madrigal Players present a 16th-century-style skit titled “A Little Knight-Shtick” in period costumes, with music provided by the high school's Madrigal Choir.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pittsburgh Youth Chorus training programs have openings in Hampton, Upper St. Clair
- Richland girl to hit the Benedum Center stage in ‘Gypsy’
- Head of Ross business group seeks additional members
- Studying abroad lets Pine-Richland junior mix love of travel with learning
- Online series recognizes Hampton as top-notch school
- Hampton officials OK church plans for parking spaces, recreational field off Duncan Avenue
- Shaler detective honored for work with school district
- McCandless teen to go from CLO’s ‘Gypsy’ to Comtra’s ‘Honk!’
- Hampton teen gets chance to earn wings
- 3 honeybee hives placed on Mt. Alvernia campus in Millvale to help pollinate garden