Highmark to construct medical mall along Route 19 in Pine
By Deborah Deasy
Published: Tuesday, January 8, 2013, 1:44 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Highmark got the green light on Monday to build a 174,000-square-foot medical mall next to North Way Christian Community on Route 19 in Pine.
Pine supervisors unanimously voted Jan. 7 to grant preliminary and final approval to Highmark's land development plan for Wexford Medical Mall, a one-stop center for everything from medical tests to treatments, with more than 700 parking spaces.
“We anticipate completion by the summer of 2014,” said Alex Sciulli, executive vice president and chief real estate development and construction officer for Highmark.
Highmark plans to build Wexford Medical Mall on seven of 15 acres purchased from North Way.
“It's a wonderful idea. It's going to save people a lot of trips,” supervisor Edward Owen said about the Highmark facility.
Owen wanted to know, however, how the proposed medical mall might affect the availability of parking for car cruises held Friday nights — during warm months — at North Way Christian Community.
“We're going to cooperate with the church,” said Sciulli.
Deborah Deasy is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-772-6369 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- ‘We did it!’ Peduto tells city, as he defeats Wagner
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Dunbar Township incumbent wins nomination
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- Prayer Shawl Ministry adds project
- Southmoreland newcomer Shipley top Democratic vote-getter
- Longtime Perryopolis councilman loses bid
- Frankhouser, Wilson get Fayette row-office nods
- Democrats in close race for Greensburg Council nominations
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.