Inbound McKnight Road HOV-lane entrance is open after repairs
By Mcknight Journal
Published: Monday, January 28, 2013, 4:14 p.m.
Updated: Friday, February 15, 2013
Work to repair the gate to the inbound Interstate 279 high-occupancy-vehicle, or HOV, lane entrance near McKnight Road in Pittsburgh has been completed, PennDOT officials said Tuesday.
The entrance now can be used normally.
The HOV lanes, located in the median of I-279 and Interstate 579, are open to commuters in vehicles with two or more passengers Monday through Friday between 6 to 10 a.m. and 3 to 7 p.m. HOV lanes promote carpools and vanpools. Motorcycles also are allowed to use the HOV lanes and are not subject to the two-passenger rule.
- Pine-Richland board proposes tax hike
- McCandless sixth-grader earns science accolades, a family tradition
- Bird expert brings flock to Northland Public Library
- Photo Gallery: Bike rodeo in Ross Township
- North Allegheny senior McCoy named 2013 Presidential Scholar
- North Hills senior has golden moment with writing competition
- Men dedicated to preserving veterans’ final resting spots in Hampton Cemetery
- Peebles Elementary supporters do well in primary
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.