North Hills' Empty Bowls event scheduled for Feb. 28
North Hills Senior High School student potters and cooks will show off their handiwork and help those in need during the school's sixth annual Empty Bowls event on Feb. 28.
The event starts at 6 p.m. in Cafeteria B during the school's Curriculum Night. The school is at 53 Rochester Road in Ross Township.
Tickets will be available at the door and are $10 per person. Tickets include a choice of a variety of soups, bread and rolls, as well as a handcrafted soup bowl, all created by North Hills students.
Event proceeds will benefit North Hills Community Outreach, and tickets will be sold until the soup runs out.
Advanced and beginning pottery students in art teacher Jason Hillegas' classes are creating more than 200 unique glazed soup bowls, along with alumni who volunteered time after school.
Students enrolled in family and consumer science teacher Michelle Medic's “Gourmet Foods” and “World Foods” classes are preparing the soup, bread and rolls.
North Hills Community Outreach is a nonprofit organization that helps North Hills individuals and families in need through free programs and services such as food pantries, energy assistance, employment help, a community garden and support for senior citizens.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Nature mural in North Park makes up Girl Scout project
- Auto-repair shop plan for former Wexford fire station hits opposition
- Cutbacks limit tax forms available at North Hills-area libraries
- Equestrian supplies store in McCandless to provide resource for enthusiasts
- Pine puts windmill back on sale
- North Hills Drama Club goes ‘green’ with musical
- Workshops provide parents facts about North Hills math program