Work on Ingomar Road set for Tuesday, Wednesday
Traffic will be restricted to a single lane on part of Ingomar Road in McCandless on Tuesday and Wednesday, when a PennDOT contractor will be installing protective shielding under the bridge that carries McKnight Road over Ingomar, weather permitting.
Single-lane traffic will occur in each direction on Ingomar Road from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. both days, as needed, under McKnight Road, PennDOT officials announced. One lane will remain open in each direction at all times. No restrictions will occur on McKnight Road.
Crews from Allison Park Contractors Inc. of Allison Park will perform the work.
PennDOT officials advise motorists to use caution, slow down and be aware of changing traffic patterns when driving through the area.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Photo Gallery: Vacation Bible school at St. Athanasius Catholic Church
- Rectenwald ends successful college career
- Photo Gallery: Mega Sports Camp at Northgate Church
- Flea, Vendor and Crafter Market in McCandless to benefit Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Hampton teen gets chance to earn wings
- 3 honeybee hives placed on Mt. Alvernia campus in Millvale to help pollinate garden
- Reading at Northern Tier Regional Library could lead to prizes
- North Allegheny grad nets scholarships at national competition
- North Hills graduate helps rowing team excel at Eastern Sprints
- Pine-Richland High to host summer camp focused on robotic basics
- Hampton’s part-time officer earns full-time promotion