Lane closing for northbound I-279 in Ross now planned for Friday night
Because of an equipment failure, the closure of the right lane on Interstate 279 northbound in Ross Township, originally scheduled to occur Thursday night instead will occur from 8 p.m. tonight, Friday, through 6 a.m. Saturday, Allegheny County Department of Public Works officials have announced.
The single-lane closure of approximately half a mile of the northbound right lane will occur between Exit 5/Perrysville Avenue and Exit 7/West View.
The work is related to the access road for the Levi Bird Duff Bridge project. The bridge carries Center Avenue in Ross Township over the Parkway North to Cornell Road in Bellevue.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Former Steeler Hoge discusses concussions with North Hills student-athletes
- Photo Gallery: Highcliff Elementary Family Olympics
- Fish-fry Fridays in North Hills form friendship, fellowship
- Public hearing set for April on Cardiff Heights housing plan off McKnight Road
- 4 Pine-Richland students make National Merit finalists
- Hampton couple finds key to lengthy, loving relationship
- Developer selling home sites in Marshall’s Venango Estates
- Ross committee created to find uses for former school
- Ross art show to be held in conjunction with Women’s Day
- Photo Gallery: CSI Club at Northland Public Library
- Shaler Area students gear up for production of ‘Mary Poppins’