Lane closing for northbound I-279 in Ross now planned for Friday night
By Mcknight Journal
Published: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 2:45 p.m.
Updated: Friday, March 1, 2013
Because of an equipment failure, the closure of the right lane on Interstate 279 northbound in Ross Township, originally scheduled to occur Thursday night instead will occur from 8 p.m. tonight, Friday, through 6 a.m. Saturday, Allegheny County Department of Public Works officials have announced.
The single-lane closure of approximately half a mile of the northbound right lane will occur between Exit 5/Perrysville Avenue and Exit 7/West View.
The work is related to the access road for the Levi Bird Duff Bridge project. The bridge carries Center Avenue in Ross Township over the Parkway North to Cornell Road in Bellevue.
- Richland Elementary’s Farmer selected state substitute teacher of year
- Shaler officials to lower property taxes
- Vogrin remembered for longtime service to Shaler
- Shaler Area approves preliminary budget
- Hampton production leads area nominations for Gene Kelly Awards
- Jerry O’Brien is Democratic nominee for Ross tax collector
- Hampton’s Walter making final pilgrimage
- Pine-Richland board proposes tax hike
- McCandless sixth-grader earns science accolades, a family tradition
- Bird expert brings flock to Northland Public Library
- Photo Gallery: Bike rodeo in Ross Township
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.