Lane restrictions for Marshall Township road set to start Monday
Published: Friday, March 1, 2013, 3:39 p.m.
Updated: Friday, March 1, 2013
Work is scheduled to resume Monday on a $3.7 million project to improve Warrendale Bayne Road in Marshall Township, and traffic on the road will be reduced to a single lane in each direction between the northbound Interstate 79 off-ramp and Harmony Road through mid-August, PennDOT officials said.
The lane restrictions will be in effect around the clock.
The project, which started in August 2012, will create significant improvements for the traveling public on Warrendale Bayne Road between Route 19 and Brush Creek Road, PennDOT officials said.
Work includes reconstructing and widening for additional travel and turn lanes, improved drainage, traffic signals, curbs accessible to people with disabilities, guide rails and bituminous resurfacing.
The project also includes improving the northbound I-79 off-ramp to Warrendale Bayne Road and the intersections of Innovation Drive and Warrendale Bayne Road and Route 19 and Thorn Hill Road. Overall work will conclude this summer.
The prime contractor for the project is the John Gulisek Construction Co. of Mt. Pleasant.
PennDOT advises motorists to use caution and expect delays and changing traffic patterns when traveling through the area.
- Photo Gallery: Bullseye’s Book Bash at the Northland Public Library
- Primary info for North Allegheny, Franklin Park, McCandless, other races
- Photo Gallery: Bike rodeo in Ross Township
- Millvale career fair slated to help get residents working
- Sheen helps provide shine to La Roche’s graduation
- Millvale art show to feature works of school art teachers
- Record haul recorded in Shaler drug take-back event
- Primary info for North Hills, Ross, West View races
- Sutter Road closing Wednesday in Shaler and Ross
- Bird expert brings flock to Northland Public Library
- Evening traffic restrictions set to start Monday on Duncan Avenue
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.